Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by aMark <fe...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/09 13:21:13 UTC

IgniteCache.destory does delete CacheName*.dat file from persistent store directory

Hi,

We are using Ignite 2.3  as distributed offheap persistent store to various
caches in a cache group.
When we create the cache, it creates the CACHENAME_cache_data.dat file and
*.bin files in persistent store directory.
After the use of cache, we are deleting the cache using IgniteCache.destory
method, it deletes data from *.bin files but CACHENAME_cache_data.dat file
is not getting deleted.

As we create and destory many caches, number of these redundant dat files
are increasing in persistent store directory for the deleted cache.

Is there any cache API which also delete dat file as well ?

Re: IgniteCache.destory does delete CacheName*.dat file from persistent store directory

Posted by Ivan Daschinsky <iv...@gmail.com>.
Hi! This issue was fixed in 2.5

Fix to issue here -- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-8021

> We are using Ignite 2.3  as distributed offheap persistent store to various
> caches in a cache group.
> When we create the cache, it creates the CACHENAME_cache_data.dat file and
> *.bin files in persistent store directory.
> After the use of cache, we are deleting the cache using IgniteCache.destory
> method, it deletes data from *.bin files but CACHENAME_cache_data.dat file
> is not getting deleted.
>
> As we create and destory many caches, number of these redundant dat files
> are increasing in persistent store directory for the deleted cache.
>
> Is there any cache API which also delete dat file as well ?

Sincerely yours, Ivan Daschinskiy