Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Daniel Toffetti <dt...@yahoo.com.ar> on 2009/05/29 17:03:24 UTC

Re: Anemic domain model and are @SpringBean's compatible with the solution in

James Carman <jcarman <at> carmanconsulting.com> writes:

> On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 4:04 AM, Kent Larsson <kent.larsson <at> gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >> I try not to design my domain models in such a way
> >
> > Could you elaborate on this a bit, please?
>
> I kind of "cheat" a bit.  When there needs to be something done that
> involves multiple domain entities, I usually push that logic into a
> "service" class rather than into the entities themselves.  For
> operations solely involving an entity and its aggregated entities, I
> usually put that into the entity class itself.

    Out of curiosity, does the practice of building medium to
complex queries and mixed batches of updates and deletes within
stores procedures, for optimum DB performance, has been completely
deprecated ???

Cheers,

Daniel

Re: Anemic domain model and are @SpringBean's compatible with the solution in

Posted by James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>.
On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 11:03 AM, Daniel Toffetti <dt...@yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
>    Out of curiosity, does the practice of building medium to
> complex queries and mixed batches of updates and deletes within
> stores procedures, for optimum DB performance, has been completely
> deprecated ???

I personally hate putting stuff in the database, because it just leads
to troubles, based on my experience.  It's harder to unit test your
code if too much stuff is in the database.  I like to use in-memory
(HSQLDB) databases during unit tests and you can't rely on those
stored procedures being around during your unit test.  Also, in some
organizations, DBAs maintain very tight control over things like
stored procedures in their databases.  It can become a bottleneck.

RE: wicket and jquery

Posted by Stefan Lindner <li...@visionet.de>.
I'm just finishing up some things (e.g. documentation :-) and proper examples). I must confess that the library is based upon wicket 1.4. and i don't plan to backport it to wicket 1.3.
In a few days I will open up our subversion repository for public access.

Posted by Cristi Manole <cr...@gmail.com>.
not bad. do you have a link?

Cristi Manole

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 1:39 PM, Stefan Lindner <li...@visionet.de> wrote:

> Currently I'm building a wicket library around jQuery. Drag and drop and
> resizable are ready for use (with callback handlers in Wicket-Java onDrop,
> on Resized etc.). If anybody is interrested I can provied a simple library
> with some simple examples.

Cristi Manole

Nova Creator Software
www.novacreator.com

AW: wicket and jquery

Posted by Stefan Lindner <li...@visionet.de>.

Re: weird changes on ajaxeditablemultilinelabel

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
make sure your servlet container and the pages you serve are all using
utf-8 encoding

-igor

AW: wicket and jquery

Posted by Dorothée Giernoth <Do...@kds-kg.de>.

Re: wicket and jquery

Posted by Rodolfo Hansen <kr...@gmail.com>.
Also you can checkout

Re: wicket and jquery

Posted by Dipu <di...@googlemail.com>.
take a look at this

Re: wicket and jquery

Posted by Cristi Manole <cr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

There's no magic here. it's just a (decent) javascript library that you can
use. Usually what people are doing (or at least how I use it) here is build
the web application the normal way - html / css / javascript (consider this
the designer role) and then "wickify" it - meaning go through the initial
design and put wicket:id's to elements I want to connect to my java logic.
And do whatever my business rules are. Or go one step further and build
stand-alone component for reuse on other projects.

The point is I don't actually care if the designer uses jquery or extjs or
anything else. He's not forced on using any javascript at all. Perfectly
clean separation.

I guess you're looking on using a nice "widget" that somebody built using
jquery. The integration with wicket is as simple as I said above. No magic.

For a very (_very_) dumb example, take a look for instance here (to get an
idea) :
http://www.dooriented.com/blog/2009/05/11/wicket-component-jquery-accordion-menu/

Hope I was able to help you a little bit,
Cristi Manole

2009/5/29 Dorothée Giernoth <Do...@kds-kg.de>

> Hello everyone,
>
> i know this might sound a little weird and naive and maybe stupid ... I
> dunno, I'll ask anyway (though I did research myself, but I would need some
> sort of useful hint for a total wicket-jquery-newbie): how can I use wicket
> and jquery together? Where can I find an example?
>
> And yes I did ask google, but seriously - no harm meant - it seems soooooo
> NOT organized ... there are like a billion dead links ... maybe even more
> and I am on the edge and desperate ... soooo please, bear with me!
>
> Thnx,
> dg

Cristi Manole

Nova Creator Software