Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/21 19:11:10 UTC

Re: Confluence user groups

We are not adding responsibility, if you were able to add, edit, delete files in SVN being a Geronimo committer you should still be able to do the same in Confluence.
This user group has "space" admin privs to only Geronimo related spaces, it's our responsibility as committers to know and communicate what we do on these spaces.

Either way, good call to refresh our memory ;-)

Cheers!
Hernan

Re: Confluence user groups

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
Yes, I know... though admin includes the ability to empty the trash,
to alter perms of the spaces, update space info, remove the space,
etc... which is what I want folks to be careful about.  So there is
some added responsibility... to make sure that we keep the
permissions intact and inline with our policies.

Anyways, I just sent this as a little reminder to folks... I don't
expect anything major to happen... though accidents can happen.

--jason

On Mar 21, 2007, at 11:11 AM, Hernan Cunico wrote:

> We are not adding responsibility, if you were able to add, edit,
> delete files in SVN being a Geronimo committer you should still be
> able to do the same in Confluence.
> This user group has "space" admin privs to only Geronimo related
> spaces, it's our responsibility as committers to know and
> communicate what we do on these spaces.
>
> Either way, good call to refresh our memory ;-)
>
> Cheers!
> Hernan
>
> Jason Dillon wrote:
>> With great power comes great responsibility... please be-careful ;-)
>> --jason
>> On Mar 21, 2007, at 8:00 AM, Hernan Cunico wrote:
>>> I created a "geronimo-committers" group in Confluence and go
>>> figure, added all the Geronimo committers to it ;-). (I also
>>> created some accounts in some cases)
>>>
>>> This group is replacing the old "geronimo-admins" group and has
>>> full admin access to the following spaces:
>>>
>>> Apache Geronimo Documentation
>>> Apache Geronimo v2.0
>>> Apache Geronimo v1.2
>>> Apache Geronimo v1.1
>>> Apache Geronimo v1.0
>>> Apache Geronimo Development
>>> Apache Geronimo Project Management
>>> Apache Geronimo Knowledge Base
>>> Apache Geronimo Samples
>>> Apache Geronimo SandBox
>>> Apache Geronimo
>>>
>>> GBuild is the only space still holding on the "geronimo-admins"
>>> group. If nobody objects I will replace "geronimo-admins" group
>>> with "geronimo-committers" in this space too and then remove the
>>> "geronimo-admins" group.
>>>
>>> Cheers!
>>> Hernan