Posted to dev@wookie.apache.org by Tharindu Mathew <mc...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/24 06:52:50 UTC

Demos are not working

Hi,

I wanted to get a taste of the wookie project and clicked on your demo but
it returned "resource not available" pages.

I hope I can see the demos soon :)

Tharindu

Re: Demos are not working

Posted by Tharindu Mathew <mc...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for taking the time Scott. That's a really comprehensive answer.

Tharindu

Re: Demos are not working

Posted by Tharindu Mathew <mc...@gmail.com>.
> [...]

>> On 24 Feb 2011, at 07:03, Tharindu Mathew wrote:
>>
>> The url I used : http://incubator.apache.org/wookie/widget-demo.html
>>

>> Thank you for letting us know Tharindu, we should get it up and running
>> again!
>>
>> In the meantime, if you download the "standalone" release candidate then
>> you can try Wookie out very simply on your computer by running "start.bat"
>>  or "start.sh":
>>

>> http://people.apache.org/~psharples/wookie/staging-area/0p9p0/org.apache.incubator.wookie-standalone-RC-0.9.0-20110203.zip
>>
>> It uses an embedded web server and database so there is nothing else to
>> set up.

>> On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 11:22 AM, Tharindu Mathew <mc...@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I wanted to get a taste of the wookie project and clicked on your demo
>>> but it returned "resource not available" pages.

Tharindu

Re: Demos are not working

Posted by Scott Wilson <sc...@gmail.com>.

Re: Demos are not working

Posted by Scott Wilson <sc...@gmail.com>.

Re: Demos are not working

Posted by Tharindu Mathew <mc...@gmail.com>.
Any help on this folks? Would really appreciate it.

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 12:19 AM, Tharindu Mathew <mc...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks for the link Scott. Since it's a visual product, I would've just
> loved to see what it looks like instantly rather than downloading, so I
> thought of letting you guys know.
>
> I downloaded and fired up the server. I really liked the demos. It seems to
> me at first glance that widgets are more flexible than gadgets. But i'm not
> sure. So I'd like to ask a few questions from the Wookie community since you
> guys are experts in the space.
>
> What are the pros and cons of widgets over gadgets? Can a widget do
> more/less than a gadget? What use cases are better suited for gadgets and
> what for widgets?
>
> I hope you won't mind these dumb questions from a new user.
>

> On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 1:50 PM, Scott Wilson <
> scott.bradley.wilson@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 24 Feb 2011, at 07:03, Tharindu Mathew wrote:
>>
>> The url I used : http://incubator.apache.org/wookie/widget-demo.html
>>

>> Thank you for letting us know Tharindu, we should get it up and running
>> again!
>>
>> In the meantime, if you download the "standalone" release candidate then
>> you can try Wookie out very simply on your computer by running "start.bat"
>>  or "start.sh":
>>

>> http://people.apache.org/~psharples/wookie/staging-area/0p9p0/org.apache.incubator.wookie-standalone-RC-0.9.0-20110203.zip
>>
>> It uses an embedded web server and database so there is nothing else to
>> set up.

>> On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 11:22 AM, Tharindu Mathew <mc...@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I wanted to get a taste of the wookie project and clicked on your demo
>>> but it returned "resource not available" pages.
>>>
>>> I hope I can see the demos soon :)
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Tharindu
>>>

>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Tharindu
>>

> --
> Regards,
>
> Tharindu

Tharindu

Re: Demos are not working

Posted by Tharindu Mathew <mc...@gmail.com>.
Any help on this folks? Would really appreciate it.

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 12:19 AM, Tharindu Mathew <mc...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks for the link Scott. Since it's a visual product, I would've just
> loved to see what it looks like instantly rather than downloading, so I
> thought of letting you guys know.
>
> I downloaded and fired up the server. I really liked the demos. It seems to
> me at first glance that widgets are more flexible than gadgets. But i'm not
> sure. So I'd like to ask a few questions from the Wookie community since you
> guys are experts in the space.
>
> What are the pros and cons of widgets over gadgets? Can a widget do
> more/less than a gadget? What use cases are better suited for gadgets and
> what for widgets?
>
> I hope you won't mind these dumb questions from a new user.
>

> On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 1:50 PM, Scott Wilson <
> scott.bradley.wilson@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 24 Feb 2011, at 07:03, Tharindu Mathew wrote:
>>
>> The url I used : http://incubator.apache.org/wookie/widget-demo.html
>>

>> Thank you for letting us know Tharindu, we should get it up and running
>> again!
>>
>> In the meantime, if you download the "standalone" release candidate then
>> you can try Wookie out very simply on your computer by running "start.bat"
>>  or "start.sh":
>>

>> http://people.apache.org/~psharples/wookie/staging-area/0p9p0/org.apache.incubator.wookie-standalone-RC-0.9.0-20110203.zip
>>
>> It uses an embedded web server and database so there is nothing else to
>> set up.

>> On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 11:22 AM, Tharindu Mathew <mc...@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I wanted to get a taste of the wookie project and clicked on your demo
>>> but it returned "resource not available" pages.
>>>
>>> I hope I can see the demos soon :)
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Tharindu
>>>

>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Tharindu
>>

> --
> Regards,
>
> Tharindu

Tharindu

Re: Demos are not working

Posted by Tharindu Mathew <mc...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the link Scott. Since it's a visual product, I would've just
loved to see what it looks like instantly rather than downloading, so I
thought of letting you guys know.

I downloaded and fired up the server. I really liked the demos. It seems to
me at first glance that widgets are more flexible than gadgets. But i'm not
sure. So I'd like to ask a few questions from the Wookie community since you
guys are experts in the space.

What are the pros and cons of widgets over gadgets? Can a widget do
more/less than a gadget? What use cases are better suited for gadgets and
what for widgets?

I hope you won't mind these dumb questions from a new user.

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 1:50 PM, Scott Wilson <
scott.bradley.wilson@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 24 Feb 2011, at 07:03, Tharindu Mathew wrote:
>
> The url I used : http://incubator.apache.org/wookie/widget-demo.html
>

> Thank you for letting us know Tharindu, we should get it up and running
> again!
>
> In the meantime, if you download the "standalone" release candidate then
> you can try Wookie out very simply on your computer by running "start.bat"
>  or "start.sh":
>

> http://people.apache.org/~psharples/wookie/staging-area/0p9p0/org.apache.incubator.wookie-standalone-RC-0.9.0-20110203.zip
>
> It uses an embedded web server and database so there is nothing else to set
> up.

> On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 11:22 AM, Tharindu Mathew <mc...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I wanted to get a taste of the wookie project and clicked on your demo but
>> it returned "resource not available" pages.
>>
>> I hope I can see the demos soon :)
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Tharindu
>>

> --
> Regards,
>
> Tharindu

Tharindu

Re: Demos are not working

Posted by Tharindu Mathew <mc...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the link Scott. Since it's a visual product, I would've just
loved to see what it looks like instantly rather than downloading, so I
thought of letting you guys know.

I downloaded and fired up the server. I really liked the demos. It seems to
me at first glance that widgets are more flexible than gadgets. But i'm not
sure. So I'd like to ask a few questions from the Wookie community since you
guys are experts in the space.

What are the pros and cons of widgets over gadgets? Can a widget do
more/less than a gadget? What use cases are better suited for gadgets and
what for widgets?

I hope you won't mind these dumb questions from a new user.

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 1:50 PM, Scott Wilson <
scott.bradley.wilson@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 24 Feb 2011, at 07:03, Tharindu Mathew wrote:
>
> The url I used : http://incubator.apache.org/wookie/widget-demo.html
>

> Thank you for letting us know Tharindu, we should get it up and running
> again!
>
> In the meantime, if you download the "standalone" release candidate then
> you can try Wookie out very simply on your computer by running "start.bat"
>  or "start.sh":
>

> http://people.apache.org/~psharples/wookie/staging-area/0p9p0/org.apache.incubator.wookie-standalone-RC-0.9.0-20110203.zip
>
> It uses an embedded web server and database so there is nothing else to set
> up.

> On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 11:22 AM, Tharindu Mathew <mc...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I wanted to get a taste of the wookie project and clicked on your demo but
>> it returned "resource not available" pages.
>>
>> I hope I can see the demos soon :)
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Tharindu
>>

> --
> Regards,
>
> Tharindu

Tharindu

Re: Demos are not working

Posted by Scott Wilson <sc...@gmail.com>.

Re: Demos are not working

Posted by Scott Wilson <sc...@gmail.com>.

Re: Demos are not working

Posted by Tharindu Mathew <mc...@gmail.com>.
The url I used : http://incubator.apache.org/wookie/widget-demo.html

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 11:22 AM, Tharindu Mathew <mc...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wanted to get a taste of the wookie project and clicked on your demo but
> it returned "resource not available" pages.
>
> I hope I can see the demos soon :)
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Tharindu

Tharindu

Re: Demos are not working

Posted by Tharindu Mathew <mc...@gmail.com>.
The url I used : http://incubator.apache.org/wookie/widget-demo.html

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 11:22 AM, Tharindu Mathew <mc...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wanted to get a taste of the wookie project and clicked on your demo but
> it returned "resource not available" pages.
>
> I hope I can see the demos soon :)
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Tharindu