Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Reej Nayagam <re...@gmail.com> on 2021/08/08 03:05:50 UTC

JDBCDatasource was not closed - Possible resource leak

Hi All,
We are getting this error during one of our scheduled indexing. Solr 8.8.2. We have configured the the dB connection in data-config.XML, dB is oracle.

Error : JDBCDatasource was not closed prior to finalise(), indicates a bug - POSSIBLE RESOURCE LEAK.

Kindly advise how to fix this.

Thanks
Reej
Sent from my iPhone

Re: JDBCDatasource was not closed - Possible resource leak

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.
On 8/7/2021 9:07 PM, Reej Nayagam wrote:
> Also this error is seen prior to that
> Performance warning : Overlapping on EeckSearchers=2

That's not an error.  It says right in the message "warning", and it is
a warning.

This happens when you issue commits too frequently.  What's happening is
that the searchers created during previous commits aren't finished
warming before additional searchers are created.  You need to do commits
(that open a new searcher) less frequently.  Solr prevents subsequent
commits from opening searchers until the count of warming searhers drops
below the configured maximum.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/FAQ#FAQ-Whatdoes%22PERFORMANCEWARNING:OverlappingonDeckSearchers=X%22meaninmylogs?

The message about the possible bug should be fine in the end -- as soon
as the message is logged, the resource it's saying isn't closed is
actually closed.  It does probably mean that something's not written
right elsewhere in the DIH code, but there shouldn't be an actual leak.

Thanks,
Shawn

Re: JDBCDatasource was not closed - Possible resource leak

Posted by Reej Nayagam <re...@gmail.com>.