Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Robert Abbate <co...@ectisp.net> on 2003/06/03 06:05:32 UTC

Tomcat Memory leaks!

Hi. It seems Tomcat (4.1.24) has a major memory leak, and I wanted to bring
it to the developers attention so they can check it out.

I run a shared hosting server (Mandrake 8.2, Apache 1.3) with virtual hosts.
I have 1 Gig of RAM and about 50 virtual hosts and yet I keep getting Out of
Memory errors!

I have made numerous adjustments to memory allocations, yet nothing helps.
Here's an example of what I've done:

CATALINA_OPTS="-Xmx64mb"
and
CATALINA_OPTS="-Xmx1028mb"

I can furnish my server.xml file upon request or anything else you may need
to fix the problem.

Thanks
---

RE: Tomcat Memory leaks!

Posted by Alex Burton <al...@e-plus.com.au>.
Have a look here:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jasper-howto.html

In your <tomcat_home>/conf/web.xml you can modify the following like this
(assuming you have Jikes installed):

    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>jsp</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet</servlet-class>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>logVerbosityLevel</param-name>
            <param-value>WARNING</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>fork</param-name>