Posted to user@hive.apache.org by hadoop n00b <ne...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/11 18:32:26 UTC

Reducer Issue in New Setup

Hello,

We have just setup Hive on a new Hadoop cluster.

When I run a select * on a table, it works fine but when I run any query
which needs a reducer, like count(1) or a where condition, the query just
sits there doing nothing (map 0%). I see some message like no reducers to
run. How do I fix this? The configuration et al is  exactly like another
environment that is working fine.

We are running CDH2 with Hadoop 0.20.1 and Hive 0.4.1

Cheers!

Re: Reducer Issue in New Setup

Posted by hadoop n00b <ne...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

It turned out to be a DNS issue as Loren pointed out. It's working fine now.

Not going for CDH3 right now as this was only a hardware move.

Thanks for your help!

Posted by Loren Siebert <lo...@siebert.org>.