Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gk...@apache.org> on 2007/06/05 17:07:33 UTC

Re: svn commit: r544460 - in /cocoon/trunk/core/cocoon-servlet-service: cocoon-servlet-service-components/src/main/java/org/apache/cocoon/servletservice/components/ cocoon-servlet-service-impl/src/main/java/org/apache/cocoon/servletservice/

giacomo@apache.org pisze:
> Author: giacomo
> Date: Tue Jun  5 05:04:42 2007
> New Revision: 544460

> Log:
> attempt to fix wrong prefix for servlet-services

Hi Giacomo, thanks for taking care of it. However I would be grateful if you mention in log message the issue you are trying to fix
(COCOON-2066) and generally it would be good that you assign the issue to yourself because it's sign for the others that you are willing to
fix it.

Commenting the fix itself, I really hope that you consider it as temporary solution, do you? I talked with Daniel some time ago and he told
me that we was going to be busy these days with his scientific work but he should be free soon. I really hope that he will help us to make a
real fix - passing original request object to the BlockCallHttpServletRequest as it's only one reasonable option that covers also other
issues: http://article.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.cocoon.user/61154

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gk...@apache.org>.
Giacomo Pati pisze:

> To be honest. That fix is a workaround until someone more knowledgeable than I can do it "the right
> way" which wasn't obvious to me (at least not in a reasonable time as requests get wrapped and
> proxied all over in the code).

Yeah I'm feeling the same about proxing but I guess it's the best possible design.

> Well, that's why I have not assigned myself and commented the JIRA-issue. As mentioned above it's
> only a workaround.

Ok, but putting distinct comments in the code and log message would make the situation clearer.

> Actually I might have missed the discussion you and Daniel had here on the list
> and thus I was annoyed nobody took the stab so I made this workaround to have our samples look as
> usual (and now we can fix'em, too).

Actually, there was no discussion about it because Daniel is very busy these days. I hope that it will have more free time soon so let's
wait a little bit more for his comments.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski

Posted by Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org>.