Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by newToMina <as...@yahoo.com> on 2009/06/19 15:44:58 UTC

Re: Jsp working fine from tomcat, but displaying source when accessed through apache (Only on Firefox)

Mark,

I changed JKMount as you suggested. But firefox is still displaying the
source when accessing through apache. Direct tomcat access displays fine.
Firefox is rendering the page as follows:

Direct from tomcat (http://server:8080/appname/servlet/Controller)
Type : text/html
Render Mode: Standards compliance mode

Access tomcat through apache (http://server/appname/servlet/Controller)
Type : text/plain
Render Mode: Quirks mode

Could any one please help me with this?

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
newToMina wrote:
> Mark,
>
> I changed JKMount as you suggested. But firefox is still displaying the
> source when accessing through apache. Direct tomcat access displays fine.
> Firefox is rendering the page as follows:
>
> Direct from tomcat (http://server:8080/appname/servlet/Controller)
> Type : text/html
> Render Mode: Standards compliance mode
>
> Access tomcat through apache (http://server/appname/servlet/Controller)
> Type : text/plain
> Render Mode: Quirks mode
>
> Could any one please help me with this?

Somehow, I get the feeling that you have done what you should /never/
do, which is to allow Apache to access the Tomcat files directly.
Where does your Apache DocumentRoot point to ?
Or what Alias(es) have you used ?
To prove this point :
- turn off Tomcat
- re-try your URL http://server/appname/servlet/Controller...