Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by "J. Patrick Bedell" <jp...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/09 06:44:29 UTC

newbie request for help - custom server implementation in ActiveMQ?

Hello,
   I am interested in using ActiveMQ to develop a market for
information currency (http://infoeng.sourceforge.net).  I'm a real
ActiveMQ/Spring newbie, so I'm not very clear on how to create a POJO
to serve as a filter for certain messages sent to the server.
   Can anyone recommend a good introduction to creating a custom
server using JMS?  (Sorry if the question is open-ended and
ill-defined!)

   Patrick
   jpbedell@gmail.com

Re: newbie request for help - custom server implementation in ActiveMQ?

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
The "Messaging Way" or MESTafarian way of solving these kinds of
problems is to have 2 destinations, X1 and X2. Publishers send to X1
then some process transforms those messages in some way and sends them
to X2. Then this approach works with any message provider and you can
have an arbitrary number of transformations between your producers and
ultimate consumers - so the system is very simple & loosely coupled.

If you only have 1 concrete transformation step and you don't mind
being ActiveMQ specific you could just install a broker interceptor to
do the transformation...

http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/interceptors.html

--

James