Posted to dev@openwebbeans.apache.org by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de.INVALID> on 2016/08/29 14:19:19 UTC

what do do with the webbeans-doc module

hi!

This module started as PDF documentation and is written in DocBook.
It also is a tad outdated ;)

Means it still addresses CDI-1.0 and other ancient things we do not support anymore.

I think we have 2 options:
A.) Either rewrite it from scratch in asciidoc
B.) Remove it completely. We have the home page anyway.

Is there any information you really like to keep as a separate PDF paper beside our CMS content?

LieGrue,
strub

Re: what do do with the webbeans-doc module

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
+1 for B

Side note: for tomee "ng" website proposal i added to jbake an attribute to
generate a pdf from adoc pages (see
https://github.com/rmannibucau/site-tomee-ng/blob/master/src/main/java/org/apache/tomee/website/PDFify.java).
It allows to add this "download as pdf" on the related pages (ex:
http://tomee.apache.org/ng/developer/json/index.html ). Can be nice and
suspect it is doable with md too as easily as with adoc if we dont want to
migrate everything.

Romain Manni-Bucau