Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jan-Simon Winkelmann <wi...@newsfactory.de> on 2009/12/17 14:33:30 UTC

Dynamically changing the stored-state of a dynamicField

Hi,

i am currently building a Solr configuration for a rather large search
index. To allow for indexing of differently named fields for each dataset, i
have includ the following dynamicField:

<dynamicField name="*_index" type="text" indexed="true" stored="true"
required="false" />

What i don't like about this, is the fact that all dynamic fields are now
being stored. Actually, I only need a single field for each dataset tob e
stored. Is there a way to parameterize the stored parameter on a per-field
basis or do I have to add a second dynamicField like below to allow that?

<dynamicField name="*_index_stored" type="text" indexed="true" stored="true"
required="false" />

Thanks in advance!

Jan-Simon Winkelmann

Re: Dynamically changing the stored-state of a dynamicField

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.
You'll have to do it the way you mentioned, with two dynamic field
mappings.

	Erik