Posted to user@sqoop.apache.org by Aleksei Udatšnõi <a....@gmail.com> on 2013/04/05 11:10:02 UTC

truncate before export

Hi,

Currently Sqoop export only inserts new data into RDBMS, but sometimes it
is necessary to replace the entire table. To accomplish that a developer
has to have an extra step and truncate the table before executing Sqoop.

I wonder if it has been considered by Sqoop developers to add TRUNCATE
option to Sqoop export?

Regards,
Aleksei Udatšnõi

Re: truncate before export

Posted by Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org>.
Hi Aleksei,
please go ahead and file a jira for that [1]!

Jarcec

Links:
1: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SQOOP