Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Kari Scott <Ka...@cdw.com> on 2012/02/28 18:23:50 UTC

log date formatting

We are using Tomcat 7.0.23 with jdk1.6.0_27 on Solaris 10, mod_ajp 1.3  and Apache 2.2.21 and have a logging.properties file configured with the catalina.org.apache.juli.FileHandler set to the java.util.logging.SimpleFormatter for logging. This works fine, but to appease some old scripts I need to change the format of the timestamp from this:

Feb 28, 2012 2:30:30 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke ...

To this:

02/28 14:30:30 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke ...

Before I go nuts and create a custom formatter, I thought I would check to see if there was a way simpler way to make this change directly in the logging.properties file, like a way to configure the SimpleFormatter (a la SimpleDateFormat.format) or if there is a canned formatter out there that I could use instead.

Thank you,
-Kari

Kari Scott
Senior Programmer