Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Dennis Meyer <sn...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/15 08:19:54 UTC

Creating a Network inside a vpc which isnt attached to the routervm

Hi,

im using xenserver as hypervisor so im limited to 7 nic's / vm, so the
router vm cant handle more than 7 nics which corresponds to 7 networks
inside a vpc. I had created some networks for different drbd and corosync
stuff, they dont need a gateway, dhcp and a router vm. How should a network
offering look like which dont creates a network on the routervm but is
accessible by the vpc?

Snooops

Re: Creating a Network inside a vpc which isnt attached to the routervm

Posted by Dennis Meyer <sn...@gmail.com>.
There is the statement of a citrix employee:
https://discussions.citrix.com/topic/389152-remove-the-limit-of-seven-nics/

Posted by Dennis Meyer <sn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "S. Reddit" <s....@gmail.com>.
Daniel,

Dag very well explained the problem with VMware and Virtual Guest Tagging
(VGT). I could add to that, if you'd use a Distributed Virtual Switch (DVS)
you effectively can limit tags on a trunked connection to a Vmware Guest.

So you would need to:
(1) Use VMware DVS (Enterprise Plus Feature Set)
(2) Adapt CloudStack Source to use VGT to vRouter in DVS Mode
(3) Update your vmware-template or provisioning of vRouter to use .1q

Posted by Dag Sonstebo <Da...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Daniel,

Posted by da...@zv.fraunhofer.de.