Posted to user@commons.apache.org by "cacsar@gmail.com" <ca...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/06 01:56:37 UTC

[daemon] Documentation for DaemonConfiguration file format and SIGUSR1

I'm looking at using Daemon, and unless I'm just failing to find
documentation there doesn't seem to be much documentation at all on
how one would use DaemonConfiguration. From looking at it I imagine
the idea is that one specifies the name of a config file with the
-daemon-properties argument passed to jsvc or procrun and then during
init your daemon looks up the values for the properties it's defined.
However, how the pairs of strings are specified in the configuration
file appears to be undocumented.

If it would help I'd be happy to edit the wiki to add additional
documentation if someone is willing to check it's correctness after I
write it. From what I can tell from glancing at the java source code,
whenever a call is made to the one start, stop, init etc a new
instance of the class implementing Daemon is created, meaning that
some static state should be used to contain the actual per program
data. The DaemonUserSignal interface is implemented in order to
receive SIGUSR2, but there doesn't seem to be any support for SIGUSR1
or SIGHUP. Is there a reason for this?

Christian

Re: [daemon] Documentation for DaemonConfiguration file format and SIGUSR1

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.
On 10/06/2012 01:56 AM, cacsar@gmail.com wrote:
> However, how the pairs of strings are specified in the configuration
> file appears to be undocumented.

The code uses java.util.Properties API, so the format is as
specified by Java spec.

> If it would help I'd be happy to edit the wiki to add additional
> documentation if someone is willing to check it's correctness after I
> write it

You are very much welcome!

Regards
--
^TM

Re: [daemon] Documentation for DaemonConfiguration file format and SIGUSR1

Posted by "cacsar@gmail.com" <ca...@gmail.com>.
Any suggestions on where to look for more information?