Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Kevin Rutherford <ke...@planetcad.com> on 2002/12/16 19:14:04 UTC

Multiple Turbine servers

I just wanted a sanity check to make sure that we are not using Turbine
inappropriately.

We have a distributed system with two web servers and multiple "job
servers", all of which are running their own instance of Turbine (roughly
version 2.1 beta 2). All of the instances of Turbine connect to the same
database.

This all seems to be working OK, but I am concerned about whether
Turbine/Torque is designed to be used this way. For example, will the ID
brokers conflict with each other in any way? Are there any known problems
with running multiple instances of Turbine, all talking to the same
database?

Thanks,

Kevin