Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Ryan Taylor <Ry...@gisinc.com> on 2016/01/18 00:48:47 UTC

Automatic silent install

Hello fellow flexers,

Is there a silent installer for the Flex SDK, Flash Player Debugger, and Flex Builder 7?y ultimate goal is to be able to install (and configure) these tools as easily and automatically as one might install Notepad++ with chocolate. Example:

choco install -y notepadplusplus

There is a chocolatey package for Flash Player, but it is not the debugger version?

Any thoughts as to how I might silently install these tools?

Sent from my Windows Phone

Re: Automatic silent install

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Hi Ryan,

Flash Player Debugger and Flash Builder are all Adobe products with Adobe
EULAs.  You may need to work with Adobe to get permission to circumvent
their license acceptance requirements.  It is possible for Flash Player
browser plugins, but I don't know about the standalone debugger.  Here is
a link for Flash Builder 4.5 [1].  I don't know if it will work for more
recent version.

The Apache Flex SDK can be silently downloaded, but converting it to a
Flash Builder-compatible set of files also requires downloading the Adobe
AIR SDK and Flash playerglobal.swc which require license acceptance.

HTH,
-Alex

[1]
https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-builder/kb/silent-installation-flash-builder-