Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by Kiru Pakkirisamy <ki...@yahoo.com> on 2014/07/10 01:48:40 UTC

Updatable view

Can't we  not use even string functions in the CONSTRAINT of a view ? I get 'table is read only' when I upsert into the view.

where (SUBSTR(TO_CHAR(SampleDate), 0,4) = '2014');

Regards,
- kiru

Kiru Pakkirisamy | webcloudtech.wordpress.com

Re: Updatable view

Posted by Kiru Pakkirisamy <ki...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Eli, will do.

Regards,
- kiru

Kiru Pakkirisamy | webcloudtech.wordpress.com

Kiru, only basic equality expressions are supported for creating updateable views. Please file a Jira if you have specific requirements for supporting more complex WHERE clauses in updateable views.

Thanks,

Eli

Re: Updatable view

Posted by Eli Levine <el...@gmail.com>.