Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Leon Rosenberg <ro...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/07 17:20:08 UTC

Using multiple repositories

Hello,

I have following question/problem.
We have some open source software and some commercial software. We use
two different repositories to host them:

(settings)

	<repositories>
		<repository>
			<id>provided</id>
			<url>http://nexus.anotheria.net/nexus/content/groups/public</url>
			<releases>
				<enabled>true</enabled>
			</releases>
			<snapshots>
				<enabled>true</enabled>
			</snapshots>
		</repository>
               <repository>
                   <id>anotheria-commercial</id>
                   <url>http://commercialurl/nexus/content/groups/public</url>
                   <releases>
                       <enabled>true</enabled>
                   </releases>
                   <snapshots>
                       <enabled>true</enabled>
                   </snapshots>
               </repository>
	</repositories>
i also have entries with passwords for both servers (the public one
only for publishing).
However, whenever I build mvn never downloads anything from the
"closed" repository, even the artifact is there.

Is this the right approach to have two repositories? (two physical servers).
Or should we have two repositories in one server (nexus).
Or should the closed repository proxy the open repository?

thanx in advance
Leon

Re: Using multiple repositories

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
Do you by any chance have a mirror configured in your settings.xml?

/Anders