Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Honda Search Administrator <ad...@honda-search.com> on 2006/07/21 18:25:39 UTC

PLease help... this has to be simple (re: mergesegs)

I'm running a few commands every week to keep my nutch clean, but I'm a bit
confused if I'm doing it right.

I merge the segments using the following command:

bin/nutch mergesegs -dir crawl/segments/ -i -ds

this should index the new segment and delete the old ones, which it does.

After this what do I do?  Should I update the database?  merge indexes?
I've done this before and after I updated the database (updatedb) it told me
I had over 260k records, while my segment only has around 80k records.

Please help so I don't think I'm doing something wrong.

Matt