Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Sander Buskens <sb...@xs4all.nl> on 2004/02/10 16:45:36 UTC

Problem mounting sitemaps in Cocoon 2.1.3

Hi,

We're experiencing some problems mounting sitemaps in Cocoon 2.1.3.
Our application consists of a root sitemap that mounts a few subsitemaps but occasionally fails to mount one of these sitemaps.

The failure results in the following stacktrace:

Original Exception: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 4, Size: 2
	at java.util.ArrayList.RangeCheck(ArrayList.java:491)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.EnvironmentStack.getCurrent(EnvironmentStack.java:74)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.CocoonComponentManager.lookup(CocoonComponentManager.java:309)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.SitemapLanguage.createComponentManager(SitemapLanguage.java:113)

We've been tracing the framework in order to find out where exactly the error occurs and it appears to be the case that the
SitemapLanguage.createComponentManager() tries to lookup a LoggerManager but fails to do so.
We're guessing the subsitemaps are trying to get the LoggerManager from the root sitemap but in some rare cases they fail acquiring it.

The problem sometimes doesn't occur when running the application but may start occurring the next time we take the same path through the webapplication.

We're kind of clueless about what's happening here and would be very thankful if someone could shed some light on what Cocoon is
trying to achieve and which parts of the configuration might be of influence on our problem.

Best regards,

Sander Buskens

Re: Problem mounting sitemaps in Cocoon 2.1.3

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 10.02.2004 16:45, Sander Buskens wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We're experiencing some problems mounting sitemaps in Cocoon 2.1.3.
> Our application consists of a root sitemap that mounts a few subsitemaps but occasionally fails to mount one of these sitemaps.
>
> The failure results in the following stacktrace:
>
> Original Exception: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 4, Size: 2
> 	at java.util.ArrayList.RangeCheck(ArrayList.java:491)
> 	at java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:307)
> 	at org.apache.cocoon.components.EnvironmentStack.getCurrent(EnvironmentStack.java:74)
> 	at org.apache.cocoon.components.CocoonComponentManager.lookup(CocoonComponentManager.java:309)
> 	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.SitemapLanguage.createComponentManager(SitemapLanguage.java:113)
>
> We've been tracing the framework in order to find out where exactly the error occurs and it appears to be the case that the
> SitemapLanguage.createComponentManager() tries to lookup a LoggerManager but fails to do so.
> We're guessing the subsitemaps are trying to get the LoggerManager from the root sitemap but in some rare cases they fail acquiring it.
>
> The problem sometimes doesn't occur when running the application but may start occurring the next time we take the same path through the webapplication.
>
> We're kind of clueless about what's happening here and would be very thankful if someone could shed some light on what Cocoon is
> trying to achieve and which parts of the configuration might be of influence on our problem.

Hello Sander,

I don't remember that this error occured or was mentioned already on a
list, so that's probably the reason you got no answer. Maybe you can
find out more details for the "rare cases" and also raise the issue on
the developers list.

Joerg