Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM> on 2007/04/05 16:09:21 UTC

running the XML tests

I'd like to setup my environment so that our XML tests run. I'm having a
hard time finding instructions for how to do this. Can someone point me
at the instructions for how to do this (which versions of which jar
files should be put where, any additional bootclasspath/classpath
directives, system properties that need to be set, etc.)?

Thanks,
-Rick

Re: running the XML tests

Posted by V Narayanan <V....@Sun.COM>.
Hi,

This issue seems to contain some information related to your question

Narayanan

Re: running the XML tests

Posted by V Narayanan <V....@Sun.COM>.
I did not read it properly I read the information in the link as
<java-home>\lib\endorsed directory not jre/ext/lib. Sorry about the mistake.

Narayanan

Re: running the XML tests

Posted by V Narayanan <V....@Sun.COM>.
Hi,

Re: running the XML tests

Posted by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@amberpoint.com>.
> available from the xalan site). I copied the four jar files mentioned by
> Bryan into the jre/lib/ext directory of my JDK 1.4.

Ooops, I'm sorry.

Copy the files to the jre/lib/endorsed directory, not the jre/lib/ext directory.

thanks,

bryan

Re: running the XML tests

Posted by Army <qo...@gmail.com>.
Rick Hillegas wrote:

> I like the idea of recording this advice in the javadoc too. Another
> possibility would be to beef up the javadoc header for the XML class.

+1, works for me.

Army

Re: running the XML tests

Posted by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM>.

Re: running the XML tests

Posted by Army <qo...@gmail.com>.

Re: running the XML tests

Posted by Army <qo...@gmail.com>.
Rick Hillegas wrote:

> Thanks Army, Bryan, and Narayanan. I can now run the XML tests.

Good to hear!

Re: running the XML tests

Posted by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM>.
Thanks Army, Bryan, and Narayanan. I can now run the XML tests. The
following worked for me:

1) Copying the xalan 2.7.0 jars into jre/lib/endorsed in my JDK 1.4
installation.

2) Simply wiring those jars into my CLASSPATH when running Java 6.

I think this deserves being documented somewhere. Maybe under "Running
Tests" on the "DerbyJUnitTesting" wiki page
(http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyJUnitTesting)? Is there a better
place for this advice?

Thanks,
-Rick

Re: running the XML tests

Posted by V Narayanan <V....@Sun.COM>.

Army wrote On 04/05/07 20:56,:

> Rick Hillegas wrote:
>

>> I have downloaded xalan 2.7.0 (that seems to be the latest release
>> available from the xalan site). I copied the four jar files mentioned
>> by Bryan into the jre/lib/ext directory of my JDK 1.4. This did
>> slightly change the output of the environmental report created by
>> org.apache.xalan.xslt.EnvironmentCheck. Unfortunately, that report
>> still says that my xalan version is 2.4.1. Here's the output of "java
>> org.apache.xalan.xslt.EnvironmentCheck". Still puzzled. Thanks.
>

> If you're using Sun JDK 1.4 then there is an embedded version of Xalan
> that is version 2.4.1.

You are correct. I did a "jar -tvf jre/lib/rt.jar | grep xalan" on jdk
1.4 rt.jar and I did indeed find related files. I did not check their
version though.

Narayanan

Re: running the XML tests

Posted by Army <qo...@gmail.com>.