Posted to dev@hama.apache.org by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org> on 2012/11/02 02:07:19 UTC

[VOTE] Hama 0.6 release (RC3)

Hi all,

Here's RC3:
http://people.apache.org/~edwardyoon/dist/0.6-RC3/

Tags:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hama/tags/0.6-RC3/

This RC fixes small bugs of unit tests. Please vote!

Thanks.
--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
@eddieyoon

[CANCELED][VOTE] Hama 0.6 release (RC3)

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
Canceling this RC vote.

---
me:  hi
 Suraj:  I was reviewing code for async  send of messages
I think we are double counting the messages sent
probably a wrong time to say
is it a minor issue for this release?
 me:  double counting?
 Suraj:  I see that we are adding twice for every message sent
 me:  nope. i think that's important.
 Suraj:  sorry for mentioning it after 3 slices
 me:  I also checking RC3 why it slower than Hama 0.4.
NP :-)
 Suraj:  oh is the FT on?
I knew it was going to degrade the performance.
 me:  nope. looks like related with CompressionUtil
 Suraj:  ok cool ...
I might need more time with the confined recovery
I am looking at the async messaging for now
 me:  let's recreate RC.
 Suraj:  ok
 Suraj:  I have one more question on Combiners
 Suraj:  we combine  based on messages to one
 me:  yes
 Suraj:  but there is no way we can group these messages based on key
and combine
so say we are sending key value pair
we can't combine .. we might need a new way of combiner along with
what is there today
 me:  i think user can do like that.
 Suraj:  how? unless the messages are sorted or sent in a sorted way
but we can return only one message
My opinions might be biased to map-reduce implementation on bsp .... so :)
 me:  http://wiki.apache.org/hama/Combiner
if msg type is MapWritable<K, V>,
not one. you can add multiple messages,
 Suraj:  ok so you are proposing have a hashmap in a combiner?
ok
I got it

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon