Posted to muse-user@ws.apache.org by Giovanni Fleres <gi...@tin.it> on 2006/10/10 14:27:59 UTC

How to kill / stop httpd web server

Hi,
during my tests I've seen that when Apache HTTP Server's Sample
execution is terminated,
httpd's process is still alive.

******************* begin error log ******************

org.apache.muse.ws.addressing.soap.SoapFault: The httpd process failed
to stop.
    at
org.apache.muse.core.AbstractResourceClient.invoke(AbstractResourceClient.java:254)
    at
org.apache.muse.core.AbstractResourceClient.invoke(AbstractResourceClient.java:213)
    at
org.apache.muse.test.http.remote.HttpServerClient.stop(HttpServerClient.java:111)
    at
org.apache.muse.test.http.testapp.HttpServerTestApp.main(HttpServerTestApp.java:202)

******************* end error log ******************

I would like to know if this problem depends from sample's source code
or if it depends from the fact that I don't find 'PsKill'.

In Apache HTTP Server's Sample web page is written that

'This implementation is Windows-specific - it uses the freeware program
PsKill to perform the equivalent of Unix's kill. Unix users can look at
the implementation of HttpServer.stop() and see how easy it would be to
substitute a call to kill for PsKill.'

http://ws.apache.org/muse/docs/2.0.0/manual/samples/apache-httpd.html

Could anybody help me ?

Thanks in advance

Giovanni

Re: How to kill / stop httpd web server

Posted by Daniel Jemiolo <da...@us.ibm.com>.
It depends on PsKill to kill off the httpd process on Windows. If you
follow the link in the documentation and put PsKill in your PATH, it will
work as expected.

 http://ws.apache.org/muse/docs/2.0.0/manual/samples/apache-httpd.html

        http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/PsKill.html

Dan