Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org> on 2005/10/04 14:50:06 UTC

[ANN] Geronimo 1.0 milestone 5 (M5) released

With great pleasure the Apache Geronimo Team would like to announce the
official release of Milestone 5 (M5) of Apache Geronimo. The release is
available at:

http://www.apache.org/dist/geronimo/1.0-M5

Significant Changes Since the M4 Release
  * Complete Tomcat integration (YAY!)
  * Configuration of ports, hosts, and most other attributes without
rebuilding the server
  * A web management console (developer preview)
  * Official J2EE Certification (as soon as paper work is filed)

Special Thanks
--------------
  * Thanks to the community for all of their input and patches to help
get us to where we are at.

  * Aaron Mulder for all his work on console to get it in a usable state.

  * The ActiveMQ guys for helping out with the bugs and burning the
midnight oil to help get the release out in a timely fashion.

  * Dims for getting the patches into Axis.

  * Gianni for fixing up TranQL and CMP issues

  * A BIG HUGE thanks for David Blevins and David Jencks for working
with me into the wee-hours of the night, testing and getting Geronimo to
pass the TCK tests for both the Jetty *and* Tomcat containers.  These
guys really stepped up and didn't leave me hanging with Tomcat issues
for my lonesome ;-)

  * Everyone else on the team who contributed and worked crazy hours to
get this release out. (If your name was not mentioned...this means you).

Full release notes are available here:

http://www.apache.org/dist/geronimo/1.0-M5/RELEASE-NOTES-1.0-M5.txt

--
Jeff Genender
http://geronimo.apache.org

Re: [ANN] Geronimo 1.0 milestone 5 (M5) released

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@4quarters.com>.
I have removed the installer link at this point.  There are too many
problems...

geir@optonline.net

Re: [ANN] Geronimo 1.0 milestone 5 (M5) released

Posted by Tom McQueeney <to...@mcqueeney.com>.

Re: Is this ok? (was [DO NOT USE OR PROPAGATE THE LINK ON THE ANNOUNCEMENT] Re: [ANN] Geronimo 1.0 milestone 5 (M5) released))

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>.
On Oct 4, 2005, at 9:55 PM, Brett Porter wrote:

> The main problem with this is that you can never get to the backup
> mirrors (try clicking the bottom links).
>
> I think you need to announce the
> http://geronimo.apache.org/downloads.html page. That gives you the
> most freedom to change links later.

yes, we will announce the downloads page...

geirm@apache.org

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
I shall yank the .htaccess file then.

Thanks for the input!

-David

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>.

geirm@apache.org

Re: [ANN] Geronimo 1.0 milestone 5 (M5) released - Thank you Jeff Genender

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
I think you're forgetting someone pretty darn important.... ;)

Jeff, the project and users owe you a big thanks for your leadership
in bringing Geronimo and Tomcat together and getting that stack to
certify.  Every single release we've ever announced to date has
received the exact same question... "Why aren't you guys using
Tomcat?? You know, the *Apache* servlet container?!!"  We always
said, "We'd love to have a Tomcat integration, wanna help?"  Here we
are, two years into the project, and for the first time we'll be able
to say something much better about our Tomcat support on this release...

"Blame, Jeff"

Thanks for all the 3am week nights and all day weekends over the last
six+ months.  You are a real stand-up guy.

Our gratitude,
The Geronimo Community