Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Dmitry Kochelaev <dk...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/05 14:18:29 UTC

XWPFTable: creating new row

Dear,

Currently XWPFTable.createRow() method adds a new row at the end, yet
inherits number of columns from the first line. This works fine in general,
but is not ok if the first row has merged cells. In this case last row will
have not the same number of cells as last-1.

I suggest either taking cells number from last row, or adding new method
which will take number of cells as parameter. I'm using the first way for
myself now, but the second is more flexible. I can provide patch (and ticket
in bugzilla) if community finds this feature useful.

--
 Best Regards,
 Dmitry Kochelaev