Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Julien Thewys <jt...@udev.org> on 2007/10/16 18:23:50 UTC

PingQuery with BasicDataSource

Hi,

I used to defined my pool parameters in the sqlMapConfig file, thus in XML.
I now have to explicitly declare a datasource: for this I use DBCP with a
BasicDataSource.

How can I set the PingQuery parameters on a BasicDataSource, like I did in the
sqlMapConfig file (<property name="Pool.PingQuery" value ... >)?

jt

Re: PingQuery with BasicDataSource

Posted by Julien Thewys <jt...@udev.org>.
Brandon Goodin <brandon.goodin <at> gmail.com> writes:

http://commons.apache.org/dbcp/apidocs/org/apache/commons/dbcp/BasicDataSource.html#validationQuery

Oh yes it's nearly equivalent, don't know how that could skip my mind. Thanks.

Then, could a mix of testOnBorrow, testWhileIdle and
timeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis be nearly equivalent to PingEnable,
PingConnectionsOlderThan and PingConnectionsNotUsedFor?

Posted by Brandon Goodin <br...@gmail.com>.
http://commons.apache.org/dbcp/apidocs/org/apache/commons/dbcp/BasicDataSource.html#validationQuery

Brandon