Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Scott Dudley <sc...@telesoft.com> on 2005/06/08 23:02:35 UTC

Jasper introspectHelper Error

I'm attempting to migrate an application from Orion to Tomcat and have
encountered my first error.  It is as follows:

    An error occurred at line: 27 in the jsp file: /index.jsp
    Generated servlet error:
    The method introspecthelper(Object, String, String, ServletRequest)
    in the type JspRuntimeLibrary is not applicable for the arguments
    (Object, String, String, null, null, boolean)

    An error occurred at line: 28 in the jsp file: /index.jsp
    Generated servlet error:
    The method introspecthelper(Object, String, String, ServletRequest)
    in the type JspRuntimeLibrary is not applicable for the arguments
    (Object, String, String, null, null, boolean)

Line 27 and 28 are the jsp:setProperty in the following declaration:

    <jsp:useBean id="vitamins" class="com.telesoft.util.AppConfig"
    scope="application">
            <jsp:setProperty name="vitamins" property="location"
    value="-Dvitamins"/>
            <jsp:setProperty name="vitamins" property="configobject"
    value="com.telesoft.database.DbConfig"/>
    </jsp:useBean>

I've recently migrated two larger application and have not encountered
this error.  Any ideas?

Thanks.

Scott Dudley