Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "Doubleday, Dennis" <dd...@vocollect.com> on 2003/10/16 23:09:13 UTC

Making HTML log file available through web app

Another question is "How, in an app-server independent way, can I make my
web app HTMLLayout log files available through the web app itself?

It would seem that I would need to write the log to a file located under the
web app docroot, but I don't know how to specify such a location in the
log4j.xml file.

Re: Making HTML log file available through web app

Posted by Nathan Coast <na...@codeczar.com>.
you could install logweb, log4j web app administration interface.

http://www.codeczar.com/products/logweb/

In the FileAppender section there is a link to the actual log.

I have a feeling this sets the content type as text, not sure if browsers will
render the html so you my have to save the file locally first.

Hope this is of use,

Nathan