Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Kruse, Matt" <MK...@aquent.com> on 2003/04/17 21:54:27 UTC

Struts 1.1 + JRun 3.1 + JDK1.3 = init Errors?

I've been having a problem with a struts app not initializing correctly, and
I've finally narrowed it down to being an issue with JDK1.3 and JRun 3.1.
With JDK1.4, the problem does not exist.

Has anyone successfully worked with the combination of Struts 1.1 + JRun 3.1
+ JDK 1.3?
If so, what did you need to do?

The problem I am having is that it looks like the ActionServlet doesn't get
the config file argument passed correctly to it. It dies in init() with the
following:

04/17 18:59:48 info (JRun) action: init
04/17 18:59:48 error (JRun) Could not pre-load servlet: action
[javax.servlet.UnavailableException: Parsing error processing resource path
]
javax.servlet.UnavailableException: Parsing error processing resource path
	at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.initModuleConfig(ActionServlet.java:9
52)
	at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.init(ActionServlet.java:468)
	at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:258)

Any advice (other than upgrading to JDK1.4 on the server!) would be
appreciated.

Matt Kruse