Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Francesco Nigro <fi...@yahoo.it> on 2013/04/11 12:19:08 UTC

embedding fonts subset with single-byte encoding

Hi all,
I'm using a peculiar archiving solution so I have to use single-byte encoded fonts; I'd like to reduce size and embed only a subset and not all fonts.

I know that FOP doesn't support subset for single-byte at the moment but I was wondering if it would be feasible/reasonable to implement this feature.
I saw that getTTCName and getUsedGlyphs methods are called inside PDFFactory class to create a subset and that those methods are implemented for MultiByteFont class only.

Is fop going to support it at some point in the future?
What do you think would be the shortest path to have subset for single-byte fonts?

Thanks in advance,
F.

Re: embedding fonts subset with single-byte encoding

Posted by Francesco Nigro <fi...@yahoo.it>.
it's just that I have to use an archiving system that doesn't allow multi-byte fonts;
I know that's crazy but nonetheless I have to use it...

So I need to find a way to implement embedding-mode=subset AND encoding-mode=single-byte.

Posted by Glenn Adams <gl...@skynav.com>.
yes, and why is that a problem?

Posted by Francesco Nigro <fi...@yahoo.it>.

Posted by Glenn Adams <gl...@skynav.com>.