Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by James Green <ja...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/29 16:01:10 UTC

sslContext - do keys identify brokers?

Quick one - I want to add another spoke broker and connect it to our hub.

At present each spoke has it's own Key in the keystore with a corresponding
certificate on the hub.

This works but I'm wondering if ActiveMQ uses the the certificates to help
identify individual brokers?

If I add this new spoke and simply re-use the certificates from an existing
one - everything should connect and provided the new spoke has it's own
unique brokerName value the network should identify it separate to the
other brokers?

This is presumably how brokers are configured in a cloud environment - one
set of keys and each broker get it's own name..?

Sorry for what is probably a dumb question but I want to double-check.

James

Re: sslContext - do keys identify brokers?

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.
Yes that's correct. You should be able to use the same keys on the
spokes... ActiveMQ doesn't do anything specific for identification other
than authorization to verify principals.

--
*Christian Posta*
http://www.christianposta.com/blog