Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Nguyen Dao <mr...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/12 16:24:02 UTC

How to handle jsessionid as path parameter instead of cookie in JMeter?

Hi everyone,

*MY PROBLEM:*
The JSF application on Tomcat 5.x that I have been asked to load-test
disables cookie; it gets the jsessionid from the path parameter.

When a user hits a protected resource, he/she is directed a login page whose
url is appended with ";jsessionid=somehexvalue".  This jsessionid will then
be appended to all following requests.  Submitting a request with a
different jsessionid value will cause a new login session.

As such, the "HTTP Cookie Manager" Config Element can not be used.

*QUESTIONS:*
Is there another Config Element that I could use?
Any suggestions?

Thank you,
Nguyen Dao
mr.nguyendao@gmail.com

Re: How to handle jsessionid as path parameter instead of cookie in JMeter?

Posted by Nguyen Dao <mr...@gmail.com>.
Jose,

I could not get HTTP URL Re-writing Modifier to work, but the suggested
Regular Expression Extractor works just fine.  So, thank you.

-Nguyen

Posted by Nguyen Dao <mr...@gmail.com>.
Jose,

Posted by Jose Pablo Sarco <jo...@gmail.com>.