Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM> on 2007/04/14 22:47:19 UTC

Source license headers in OpenJPA

The license headers we are using are in conflict with current
practice, as documented here:

http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html

There was a big discussion about this topic, but the above is
normative as of today. See the discussion in this message:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-legal-discuss/
200612.mbox/%
3cc5e632550612201546w570be8cay89abfa43526a33b5@mail.gmail.com%3e

Bottom line, there should not be a copyright notice in the source
headers, only a license notice.

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Re: Source license headers in OpenJPA

Posted by Eddie O'Neil <ek...@gmail.com>.
  One more thing -- there are tools to help with this:

    http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html

The source headers in Beehive were updated in a matter of minutes, and
there were a *lot* of them.  :)  Just make sure that the files that
are CDDL licensed or don't otherwise have headers (shouldn't be any of
these...) don't inherit one.

  The tools are here:

    https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/committers/

If anyone doesn't have access to this, just let me know.

Eddie

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Marc,

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll follow up with the responsible team and
see if it can be improved.

Craig

Posted by Marc Prud'hommeaux <mp...@apache.org>.

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.

Posted by Eddie O'Neil <ek...@gmail.com>.
  Them's fightin' words.  ;)

  But, I will say that I've tried giving it another shot of late just
to make sure I'm not missing anything.

Posted by Marc Prud'hommeaux <mp...@apache.org>.

Posted by Eddie O'Neil <ek...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marc Prud'hommeaux <mp...@apache.org>.