Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by tvvraju <tv...@yahoo.com> on 2011/12/27 08:42:52 UTC

database creation like relational DB

Hi,

I am new to HBase.  Is there any command like create database 'test', use
'test' etc in HBase. I havent seen anything like this in the command.  Could
you please do needful.

Re: database creation like relational DB

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 11:42 PM, tvvraju <tv...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to HBase.  Is there any command like create database 'test', use
> 'test' etc in HBase. I havent seen anything like this in the command.  Could
> you please do needful.

Please see manual here: http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#quickstart

It makes a db named 'test' and shows how to populate and then drop it.

St.Ack