Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Bhavesh Shah <bh...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/02 10:27:45 UTC

Execution Performance of my JobFlow (JobFlow consists of Hive and JDBC) on Amazon EMR

Hello all,

I have setup my job on Amazon Elastic Map Reduce some how after reading the
various links and some blogs. Now I am running my java code which has task
in Hive and JDBC.

I have test my program on local machine (single cluster). It is executing
well with no errors. But to increase the execution speed. Now I start
running that program on Amazon EMR but my execution is too slow compare to
single cluster machine. I am running my program with 2 Medium sized
instance.

Why is it so? Pls let me know about this.

Thanks.

Bhavesh Shah