Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Brian Reinhold <br...@lampreynetworks.com> on 2012/11/17 01:18:11 UTC

Why is this code present in all the Bean classes?

Every one of the Bean classes has the following code in the 'parse' routine

                // Note all attributes that were handled. Used to differ
normal attributes
                // from anyAttributes.
                java.util.Vector handledAttributes = new java.util.Vector();

It is never used in any place that I have looked. Does anyone know why it is
there and what it does? Or is it just a piece of history that has sort of
gotten cut and paste throughout the code?

For that matter, is there any class that ever calls the method

public static boolean isReaderMTOMAware(javax.xml.stream.XMLStreamReader
reader)

in these Beans? I cannot find one.

Thanks for any clarification,

Brian

RE: Why is this code present in all the Bean classes?

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
handledAttributes occurs over 800 times in Axis2-1.6.2 source distibution in every class that implements org.apache.axis2.databinding.ADBBean i found one instance which references handledAttributes more reps than the standard heap allocation of :java.util.Vector handledAttributes = new java.util.Vector();
Struct.java:java.util.Vector handledAttributes = new java.util.Vector();
Struct object = new Struct();object.setId(org.apache.axis2.databinding.utils.ConverterUtil.convertToID(tempAttribId)); handledAttributes.add("id");  object.setHref(org.apache.axis2.databinding.utils.ConverterUtil.convertToAnyURI(tempAttribHref));handledAttributes.add("href");
Martin Gainty

 From: mgainty@hotmail.com
To: java-dev@axis.apache.org
Subject: RE: Why is this code present in all the Bean classes?
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 20:02:32 -0500

Last one first

public static boolean isReaderMTOMAware(javax.xml.stream.XMLStreamReader reader) is Overriden in all
org.apache.axis2.databinding.types.soapencoding package classes that implement org.apache.axis2.databinding.ADBBean

Martin Gainty
/Verzicht und Vertraulichkeitanmerkung/Note de déni et de confidentialité

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.