Posted to dev@nuttx.apache.org by di...@gmail.com on 2021/02/20 19:59:03 UTC

Quadrature Encoder SNG-QPDB-002

Hi all,

I have a Honywell Quadrature Encoder: http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/2329419.pdf

The LM7366R seems tob e an option, but this chip is hard to obtain and is old (so it seems).

Would it be possible to get this encoder to work with say an STM32? (32-bit timer I think)?

I want to read the speed (rpm) and direction (phase shift).

Did anyone did such a thing?

Thank you in advance and with kind regards,
Ben

Re: Quadrature Encoder SNG-QPDB-002

Posted by Gregory Nutt <sp...@gmail.com>.
It has been too long since I worked with this to remember much. I
remember that I used an optical quadrature encoder and I don't remember
any special setup.  I wrote some in
boards/arm/stm32/stm32f4discovery/README.txt

In STM32, there is no special quadrature encode peripheral.  That
function is just one mode of the advanced and general timers.  So the
electrical properties of input signal must conform to the range
supported by the timer input pins.  You should be able to get that from
the data sheet of whatever part you are using.

Greg

Posted by di...@gmail.com.

Posted by Gregory Nutt <sp...@gmail.com>.