Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Raja Nagendra Kumar <Na...@tejasoft.com> on 2011/07/13 08:04:53 UTC

RDBMS's support for Hadoop

Hi,

Are there any plans to support Hadoop architectures natively by any of the
existing RDBMS databases such as MySQL etc.

My understanding is Hadoop can be the way to store and compute, which are
very much applicable to RDBMS sql egnine.

If this is done well, DB's can perform better, scale to comodity hardware
and users need not think of going with Hadoop way where RDMS kind of
structured data store is the need.

Regards,
Raja Nagendra Kumar,
C.T.O
www.tejasoft.com
-Hadoop Adoption India Consulting

Re: RDBMS's support for Hadoop

Posted by Adarsh Sharma <ad...@orkash.com>.
There are several other ways though which you can integrate other Column
Oriented Databases ( Hbase or Cassandra ) with Hive to provide real time
processing.

Thanks , Adarsh