Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Charles Jordan <ch...@convergys.com> on 2004/04/20 17:51:27 UTC

url-mapping problem

I am having problems configuring my security-constraints
specifically the url-pattern
What should this be set to?
I have a jsp which displays a tree type menu in which the leaves
call different .do's. I want some of these to be secure and require
logins but not all.
My question is: What do I put in the url-pattern?
The url that displays at the bottom of the browser is:
http://my.company.com/addHost.do
My struts-config.xml looks something like:

 <action
             path="/addHost"
             type="admin.AdminAction"
             scope="request"
             name="hostListForm">
             <forward
                 name="Success" path="/admin/host_add.jsp"/>
         </action>

 Please help.

Charles (Allen) Jordan   <ch...@convergys.com>
  System Administrator    (407)771-8919
  Convergys
  285 International Parkway,
  Lake Mary, FL 32746-5007

Re: url-mapping problem

Posted by Bill Siggelkow <bi...@bellsouth.net>.
Here is some info on URL patterns that can be used in configuring
security contstraints:

There are four types of patterns that are searched in the following order:
1.	Explicit mappings (no wildcards are used) – for example “/add.jsp” or
“/admin/remove.do”.
2.	Path prefix mappings – contains a “/”, then a path prefix, then a
“/*”.  This can be used to specify an entire subbranch of your web
application – for example, “/admin/*” or “/search/company/*”.
3.	Extension mappings – a “*.” Followed by a prefix.  This mapping can
be used to specify all files of a certain type (e.g. “*.jsp”).
Extension mapping is also often used to map Struts actions (e.g. “*.do”)
4.	The default mapping “/” – matches all URLs for the web application.