Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM> on 2007/11/19 18:47:09 UTC

Fwd: svn commit: r596377 - /db/jdo/trunk/tck2/maven.xml

Hi Andy,

Begin forwarded message:

> Log:
> Reformat some of the "help" output so we have half a chance of
> having it on one page of a normal sized screen.
> Are we seriously sticking to 80 char line widths for help text ?

Most of my use of the tck is on a virtual terminal, so I guess I'd
like to keep the 80 character guideline.

Craig

> Modified:
>     db/jdo/trunk/tck2/maven.xml

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Re: svn commit: r596377 - /db/jdo/trunk/tck2/maven.xml

Posted by Andy Jefferson <an...@jpox.org>.
Hi Craig,

> Sorry my comments were interpreted as requesting you to roll back the
> changes. I hadn't completely read the commit and wasn't trying to
> interfere.

No problem at all. I don't see what others are seeing, so was assuming they
all have screens with VTs 180 chars wide :-)

Now updated to hopefully fit in with the majority of tastes. Still 80 chars
wide, but minimised lines so the key info is there for most.

--
Andy  (Java Persistent Objects - http://www.jpox.org)

Re: svn commit: r596377 - /db/jdo/trunk/tck2/maven.xml

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Andy,

Sorry my comments were interpreted as requesting you to roll back the
changes. I hadn't completely read the commit and wasn't trying to
interfere.

I agree with the goal to have the entire help fit into what most
users can see on a virtual terminal. Beyond that, I don't want to
paint the bike shed a different color.

Craig

Re: Fwd: svn commit: r596377 - /db/jdo/trunk/tck2/maven.xml

Posted by Andy Jefferson <an...@jpox.org>.
Hi Craig,