Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Marc Strapetz <ma...@syntevo.com> on 2008/04/25 12:20:26 UTC

Build problem SVN 1.5-rc4 and mod_dav_svn

I have tried to build SVN 1.5 RC4 from the tarball. svn and svnserve
seem to work fine, but when starting apache I'm getting:

httpd: Syntax error on line 46 of /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_dav_svn.so into server:
libsvn_fs_util-1.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory

Doing an ldd on mod_dav_svn.so shows:

libsvn_fs_fs-1.so.0 => /usr/local/lib/libsvn_fs_fs-1.so.0 (0x40244000)
libsvn_fs_util-1.so.0 => not found
libz.so.1 => /usr/local/lib/libz.so.1 (0x40260000)
libsvn_fs_util-1.so.0 => not found

Regarding the build process: I have skipped apr/, apr-util/ and serf/
from the deps package and I have used:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local --with-ssl

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

--
Best regards,
Marc Strapetz

Re: Build problem SVN 1.5-rc4 and mod_dav_svn

Posted by Marc Strapetz <ma...@syntevo.com>.
> I have uploaded ldd and configure output to http://pastebin.ca/997244.
 > Unfortunately I'm not even using BDB (it's not present on the system).

And I have just added linker warnings at http://pastebin.ca/997374 which
were not contained in the previous pastebin post. This time, tried to
build with serf included.

--
Best regards,
Marc Strapetz

Posted by Marc Strapetz <ma...@syntevo.com>.

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@red-bean.com>.

Re: Build problem SVN 1.5-rc4 and mod_dav_svn (working now)

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@red-bean.com>.
Marc Strapetz <ma...@syntevo.com> writes:
>> Sorry, I didn't understand your question.  Is there a typo, maybe?  You
>> seemed to ask whether X is "still ok" while X "is broken" (since the
>> same ldd command was given twice).
>
> The difference is between mod_dav_svn.so and mod_dav_svn.so*T*.

Heh!

Thank you.  I actually used my editor's search function to check that
the strings were really the same -- as they were, if you consider the
prefix before the "T" :-).  My eye must have unconsciously filtered out
the "T" as noise.  Sorry for missing that.

Posted by Marc Strapetz <ma...@syntevo.com>.

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@red-bean.com>.

Posted by Marc Strapetz <ma...@syntevo.com>.
Hello Karl,