Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Kiran Ayyagari <ay...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/02 08:15:37 UTC

Re: Client API : Delete request

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 10:24 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>wrote:

> Kiran Ayyagari wrote:
>

>>  - deleteTree( DN ) will handle the LDAP protocol, nothing more (no
>>> control, nothing, no recursive deletion )
>>>
>> I think you mean - *recursive deletion*
>>

> sorry, I meant :
> delete(DN)
> not
> deleteTree(DN)
>
> so (no control, nothing, no recursive deletion )

hmm, quoting the original text again

<quote>

- delete( DN ) will handle the LDAP protocol, nothing more (no control,
nothing, no recursive deletion )

Plus regarding the recursive deletion :

- deleteTree( DN ) will handle the LDAP protocol, nothing more (no control,
nothing, *no* recursive deletion )

</quote>

the method deleteTree( DN ) requires recursive deletion, no? or you mean
that
we don't implement recursive deletion but we add the 'treeDelete control'
(1.2.840.113556.1.4.805) *if* the server supports this control?

> have made these changes a while back, haven't committed yet.

Ok ! I will be happy to see those commits in 5 days, when I will be back on
> line :)

have committed the code. Note that the current implementation of
deleteTree() uses
'treeDelete control' *if* the server supports and if not uses *recursive
deletition*
Let me know if the second approach is not intended in the core API.

thanks Emmanuel

Kiran Ayyagari