Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Elankath, Tarun (Cognizant)" <ET...@blr.cognizant.com> on 2003/02/27 10:07:02 UTC

Tapestry Enhancement Request.

Hi list,

I propose a scheme where the standard components behave a bit more like the 'any' component. Example:

whether we can have something like:

The second is so much cleaner, it reduces the number of superfluous tags. This behaviour would be desirable for other components too. (It could be made optional through a formal parameter)

Ofcourse, I apologize if there is already a current way of doing this. (apart from writing a custom component)

Thanks,
Tarun

RE: Tapestry Enhancement Request.

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@attbi.com>.
Many components already do this.  Foreach and ListEdit already do exactly
this.  Insert will render a <span> element if you supply any informal
parameters.  Have you been reading the Component Reference?

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components