Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Ricardo <rr...@rand.org> on 2012/08/10 19:24:03 UTC

Re: How SynonymFilter works?

Ian Lea <ian.lea <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Did you get an answer to this?  Looking at the lucene test cases can
> be a good way of finding out things like this.  Reading Lucene In
> Action is also highly recommended.  May not have the exact answer to
> this question but will teach you how to find out.
>
> --
> Ian.
>
> On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 7:35 AM, atiyeh soleimani <a.soleimani <at> yahoo.com>
wrote:
> > Dear all
> >
> > I am going to find out how SynonymFilter in Lucene-analyzers 3.5 works and
what exactly its output tokens are.
> > Is there any sample code that shows how to fill SynonymMap and then use
SynonymFilter to filter a sentence.
> > I appreciate any comment.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Atieh Soleimani

Ian,

Did you ever figure this out. I'm poking around but I can't find any example nor
get it to work. I'm stuck at creating the SynonymMap.

Thanks,

-ricardo

Re: How SynonymFilter works?

Posted by Ian Lea <ia...@gmail.com>.
I didn't know that SynonymMap had gone all FST.

Looks like you need something along these lines

String base1 = "fast";
String syn1 = "rapid";
String base2 = "slow";
String syn2 = "sluggish";

SynonymMap.Builder sb = new SynonymMap.Builder(true);
sb.add(new CharsRef(base1), new CharsRef(syn1), true);
sb.add(new CharsRef(base2), new CharsRef(syn2), true);
SynonymMap smap = sb.build();

Hope that helps.  There may be an easier way.  Have you tried looking
at the source code/test cases?

--
Ian.