Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Olivier Terrier <ol...@temis.com> on 2010/03/05 15:04:24 UTC

RE: CASTransportable without OutOfTypeSystemData in VinciAnalysisEngineServiceStub

Hi Eddie

Yes the exception is on the client side
INFO | jvm 1 | 2010/02/17 11:47:59 | Caused by: org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.AnalysisEngineProcessException
INFO | jvm 1 | 2010/02/17 11:47:59 | at org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.service.impl.AnalysisEngineServiceAdapter.processAndOutputNewCASes(AnalysisEngineServiceAdapter.java:142)
INFO | jvm 1 | 2010/02/17 11:47:59 | at org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.AnalysisEngineImplBase.process(AnalysisEngineImplBase.java:218)
INFO | jvm 1 | 2010/02/17 11:47:59 | ... 7 more
INFO | jvm 1 | 2010/02/17 11:47:59 | Caused by: org.apache.uima.resource.ResourceServiceException
INFO | jvm 1 | 2010/02/17 11:47:59 | at org.apache.uima.adapter.vinci.VinciAnalysisEngineServiceStub.doProcess(VinciAnalysisEngineServiceStub.java:241)
INFO | jvm 1 | 2010/02/17 11:47:59 | at org.apache.uima.adapter.vinci.VinciAnalysisEngineServiceStub.callProcess(VinciAnalysisEngineServiceStub.java:204)
INFO | jvm 1 | 2010/02/17 11:47:59 | at org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.service.impl.AnalysisEngineServiceAdapter.processAndOutputNewCASes(AnalysisEngineServiceAdapter.java:129)
INFO | jvm 1 | 2010/02/17 11:47:59 | ... 8 more
INFO | jvm 1 | 2010/02/17 11:47:59 | Caused by: org.apache.vinci.transport.ServiceException: Error Processing Request
INFO | jvm 1 | 2010/02/17 11:47:59 | at org.apache.vinci.transport.BaseClient.sendAndReceiveWork(BaseClient.java:652)
INFO | jvm 1 | 2010/02/17 11:47:59 | at org.apache.vinci.transport.BaseClient.sendAndReceiveWork(BaseClient.java:666)
INFO | jvm 1 | 2010/02/17 11:47:59 | at org.apache.vinci.transport.BaseClient.sendAndReceive(BaseClient.java:383)
INFO | jvm 1 | 2010/02/17 11:47:59 | at org.apache.uima.adapter.vinci.VinciAnalysisEngineServiceStub.doProcess(VinciAnalysisEngineServiceStub.java:225)
INFO | jvm 1 | 2010/02/17 11:47:59 | ... 10 more

The service-side adds objects to the CAS that are in a typesystem that is not know on the client-side

O.

Posted by Eddie Epstein <ea...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 9:04 AM, Olivier Terrier
<ol...@temis.com> wrote:

> Yes the exception is on the client side
> [...]
> The service-side adds objects to the CAS that are in a typesystem that is not know on the client-side

During client initialization the client sends a getMeta request to all
remote services. The getMeta reply includes the service typesystem,
which is then integrated into the client typesystem. By definition
there are no out-of-typesystem types on the client side.

The only explanation for a such client-side error is that the service
typesystem was changed after the client was initialized, on at least
one service instance.

Regards,
Eddie