Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Luke Blanshard <lu...@blanshard.us> on 2004/04/05 21:45:34 UTC

[HiveMind] New rule needed

Shouldn't it be possible to push an attribute value onto the <rules>
stack?  We have all this cool machinery to be able to translate them to
whatever type we want, but then we can't use them as is.  We have to set
them as property values on some separately created object.

Am I missing something?

Also, in doing my due diligence on this question I came across the
<custom> rule.  But this guy takes no parameters, right?  So if I wanted
to implement a custom rule to do the above, wouldn't I need a different
class for each different attribute name?

Luke

RE: [HiveMind] New rule needed

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@comcast.net>.
Yes <push-attribute> and <push-content> rules would be nice, plus some easier ways to make use of
the translated objects pushed onto the stack.

Shortly, we'll have a Wiki and new mailing lists to continue these discussions.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components