Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Heber Lazcano <he...@tralix.com> on 2006/05/25 19:47:02 UTC

MalformedURLException: no protocol

Hi everybody !!

I have a problem,  MalformedURLException: no protocol  in the parser.

                        DOMParser parser =  new DOMParser();
			parser.parse(xml);
			Document doc = parser.getDocument();

The header the XML is:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

ideas ???

Heber Lazcano Camargo
Deamons Developer

TRALIX - Everything happens on email.
Office: (442) 2620304
Mobile: (771) 7950721
heber@tralix.com

Re: MalformedURLException: no protocol

Posted by Brian Minchau <mi...@ca.ibm.com>.
Heber,
I'm working more in the area of XSLT than XML parsing, but I think the
problem you have is more related to how your "xml" object was created than
the contents of the document.

Can you provide more details on how you created your xml object.  More
likely related to some system ID not being set.

(I'm not saying that I'm going to be able to help any further, but that is
my two cents)

- Brian
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian Minchau
XSLT Development, IBM Toronto
e-mail:        minchau@ca.ibm.com

             Heber Lazcano
             <heber@tralix.com
                                       j-dev@xerces.apache.org
             05/25/2006 01:47                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       MalformedURLException: no protocol
             Please respond to
             j-dev@xerces.apac
                  he.org

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>.
Heber Lazcano <he...@tralix.com> wrote on 05/25/2006 01:47:02 PM:

> Hi everybody !!
>
> I have a problem,  MalformedURLException: no protocol  in the parser.
>
>                         DOMParser parser =  new DOMParser();
> parser.parse(xml);
> Document doc = parser.getDocument();
>
> The header the XML is:
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>
> ideas ???

Though I can't tell whether "xml" is a string or an InputSource from your
code snippet, I'm going to guess that you passed the document as a string
to the parse method. If that is what you're doing, that doesn't work. The
string passed to parse must be a URI, in other words the location of the
document not the document itself.

> Heber Lazcano Camargo
> Deamons Developer
>
> TRALIX - Everything happens on email.
> Office: (442) 2620304
> Mobile: (771) 7950721
> heber@tralix.com

Michael Glavassevich
XML Parser Development
IBM Toronto Lab
E-mail: mrglavas@ca.ibm.com
E-mail: mrglavas@apache.org

Re: MalformedURLException: no protocol

Posted by Joseph Kesselman <ke...@us.ibm.com>.
This probably means you tried to use a filename where a URL was expected.
If so, prefix it with file:///

Re: MalformedURLException: no protocol

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>.
Heber Lazcano <he...@tralix.com> wrote on 05/25/2006 01:47:02 PM:

> Hi everybody !!
>
> I have a problem,  MalformedURLException: no protocol  in the parser.
>
>                         DOMParser parser =  new DOMParser();
> parser.parse(xml);
> Document doc = parser.getDocument();
>
> The header the XML is:
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>
> ideas ???

Though I can't tell whether "xml" is a string or an InputSource from your
code snippet, I'm going to guess that you passed the document as a string
to the parse method. If that is what you're doing, that doesn't work. The
string passed to parse must be a URI, in other words the location of the
document not the document itself.

> Heber Lazcano Camargo
> Deamons Developer
>
> TRALIX - Everything happens on email.