Posted to announce@apache.org by Andreas Lehmkuehler <le...@apache.org> on 2021/04/06 17:01:38 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache PDFBox 3.0.0-RC1 released

The Apache PDFBox community is pleased to announce the release of the first
release candidate for Apache PDFBox 3.0.0. It is available for download at:

https://pdfbox.apache.org/download.html

The Apache PDFBox library is an open source Java tool for working with PDF
documents.

This is a first release candidate for the upcoming major release 3.0.0 of
PDFBox. This release contains a lot of improvements, fixes and refactorings. The
API is supposed to be stable, but we can't guarantee that there won't be any
last changes to it before providing the final release candidate.

A migration guide is available at https://pdfbox.apache.org/3.0/migration.html.
It is still a work in progress and we are happy to include any valuable feedback
from our community.

For more details on these changes and all the other fixes and improvements
included in this release, please refer to the following issues on the
PDFBox issue tracker at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX.

The full release notes are available at:

https://www.apache.org/dist/pdfbox/3.0.0-RC1/RELEASE-NOTES.txt

The Apache PDFBox website can be found at:

https://pdfbox.apache.org/